Hyderabadi Baingan Masala
with CURRYiT Hyderabadi Biryani
Sauted at a simmering flame in a sweet-spicy gravy, Hyderabadi Baingan Masala is a lip-smacking Indian Eggplant Curry that is sure to turn all ‘no eggplant’ people into big time brinjal lovers in an instant.
We kid you not when we say that the tender baingans in the thick luscious gravy is the ultimate sensory delight you are in pursuit of.
Often served as a side with biryani or as an entree with steamed rice or paratha, Hyderabadi Baingan Masala is a popular brinjal recipe arriving right on your plate from the Mughal era with mouth-watering, sweet-spicy flavour.
Want to prepare Hyderabadi Baingan Masala with authentic Hyderabadi flavour? Deploy CURRYit Hyderabadi Biryani Masala at task to deliver the original Mughalai taste to your delicious eggplant curry.
Tips to Make Your Hyderabadi Baingan Masala Extra Special
- You can also bake the eggplants instead of deep frying them but that may take at least 20 mins more.
- You can enhance the sweet-spicy flavour of the dish by adding a paste of peanuts, sesame seeds, cashews and tamarind in the gravy. Cashews and coconut flakes are added primarily to make the gravy richer, creamier and healthier.
- Serve a cool yogurt dip or raita along with your Baingan Masala to have a satisfying meal.
- 300g of long or baby size eggplants/brinjals (whole/sliced)
- 1 CURRYiT Hyderabadi Biryani Masala Pack
- Coconut Milk
How To Make Hyderabadi Baingan Masala: Directions
- Deep-fry eggplants/brinjal
- In a pan, add CURRYiT Hyderabadi Biryani paste, 180ml water, boil
- Add fried eggplants. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 mins
- Garnish with coconut milk
Serving Tip: Hyderabadi Baingan Masala is an entree in itself and is served hot with a side of steamed rice, roti or paratha and a glass of buttermilk.