Saag Gosht Ka Josh
with CURRYiT Kashmiri Rogan Josh
Mouth-watering and appetising, Saag Gosht is a rich, flavourful lamb curry that makes the most delectable of dishes when juicy cubes of mutton meets rich and creamy spinach gravy that’s sweet and savoury.
Also known by the names Lamb Saagwala or Lamb Palak, Lamb and spinach curry presents a perfect amalgamation of aromatic ground spices, a truckload of vegetables and fork-tender morsels of meat that feels so satisfying in the mouth.
Cooked with coarsely pureed spinach and spices, Saag Gosht is the ultimate powerhouse of nutrition with the two of the most wholesome and nutritive elements uniting to offer a plate full of health. Tender chunks of meat pieces are slow-cooked in spinach gravy that’s rich with spices and veggies and clings to every morsel, providing the dish a decadent look and delicious taste.
Want to prepare an authentic lamb curry dish with bahut umda taste? Don’t you worry about the massive roll call of ingredients you need to get the perfect flavour in your dish! Prepare your Saag Gosht with CURRYiT Kashmiri Rogan Josh pack in an easy-to-make and simple way. Take a look at the recipe below.
Tips to Make Your Saag Gosht Ka Josh Extra Special
- If using a pan, cook the lamb on high flame till its sides turn brown. Then, add some water and let it cook till tender.
- Instead of Sarsoon ka Saag which is made of a variety of leaves such as mustard, fenugreek, spinach, chard and more, you can also use just spinach or palak.
- For ensuring better absorption of iron from spinach, add lemon juice (Vitamin C) to it.
- You can make curry a little more luxurious by adding half a cup of cream to it at the end.
- 500g mutton
- 250g sarson ka saag (chopped)
- 1 CURRYiT Kashmiri Rogan Josh
How To Make Saag Gosht Ka Josh: Directions
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tsp ghee & roast mutton for 3-4 mins
- Add CURRYiT Kashmiri Rogan Josh paste & 180ml (1 teacup) water
- Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles Release pressure, add 250g chopped sarson ka saag / palak
- Cover and cook on sim for 10 mins, open lid and cook for 10 mins